Saturday, December 27, 2008

MMORPG Day 6

Merry Christmas Again!

The MMORPG became interactive on day 6 of it's development. I made it possible to move around the map and change the camera angle.

To move around the map I either had to move the Map itself or the Character and the Camera. I decided to move only the Map since it was harder to move the Camera and the Character. Every time the character "moves" a tile, the map gets translated by the TileSize to make it look like the character moved.

The camera angle can be moved freely which isn't so great yet. I'm going to have to find some proper camera restrictions so that the player can't rotate the map 180 degrees and look below it.

The MMORPG of day 6 can be found Here. You can move around by using the arrow keys. You can change the camera angle by holding down the control key and pressing an arrow key. Unfortunately you have to press the arrow key each time you want to change the camera angle by 0.5. I'm probably going to change that.

To finish the Map I need to be able to load Objects and add them on top of the height map. Then I need to be able to display everything in color, not in grey tones. Then I need to put the character class into the map at the proper height. Then I'm finished with a lot of the MMORPG and I will be happy.

No comments: